Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2020

Star Wars: Squadrons review

My opinion of Star Wars: Squadrons is all over the place. I was excited when it was announced, as I’d been yearning for a proper Star Wars flight sim for years. But then I reined in my expectations, because my bland triple-A release sense was tingling. I played a few hours of Squadrons as soon as it launched, and finished my session feeling a bit nonplussed.

But since then, it has become obvious that this game is very good indeed. The central experience – of being a pilot in a Star Wars – is masterfully crafted, and I can’t find much to fault with it. Squadrons is probably the most fun I’ve had with any piece of Star Wars media since my teens, in fact, and it frequently invokes a joy I haven’t felt since playing TIE Fighter in 1995. But that’s the problem. Because it’s good enough to make me think hard about how it could have been perfect. And when you start doing that, you really start to see the holes in something.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2SzfCw5
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen