Donnerstag, 23. April 2015

Wot I Think: Dungeons 2

someone tell Cara

Dungeons 2 [official site] is a strategy-management game which borrows heavily from Dungeon Keeper – to whit, you’re an evil overlord building a vast underground lair then training up a bestial army within it. After a series of disappointments, might this be the much-needed heir to Bullfrog’s classic? It’s out tomorrow, and here’s what I think.

There’s a room type in Dungeons 2 called The Tinkerer’s Cave. I don’t know if this is a deliberate statement of intent, but a tinkerer’s cave is how I always saw Dungeon Keeper. It wasn’t a manic strategy game and it wasn’t about balancing the books, even though both those aspects were very much a part of it. It was a tinkerer’s cave, a big underground space to muck around in, to carve into shapes which pleased me and to fight minor fires in with a mixture of ingenuity and panic. That’s what I’ve missed in the long years since Dungeon Keeper 2. And that’s what, against many odds, Dungeons 2 has.

… [visit site to read more]



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/1GlRaEc
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen