Donnerstag, 23. April 2015

Building A Self-Sufficient City In Cities: Skylines – Part Two

Welcome to the second instalment of my attempt to recreate an arcology in Cities: Skylines. As those of you who read the first part will know, I’m not talking about the bubble-topped utopia palaces of SimCity 2000 – I’m talking about a real arcology in the real world. Like Masdar City.

Masdar City is a sustainable, self-contained settlement under construction in the desert south-west of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. It was originally supposed to have been completed by 2014, but the global financial crisis has meant that right now it just consists of a handful of office blocks. I’ve recreated the detailed plans for the city in Cities: Skylines, and I’m about to see if anyone actually wants to live in the paradise that I’ve created.

… [visit site to read more]



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/1d5kkLc
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen