Samstag, 23. Mai 2020

Priceless Play – 23 May 2020

My dad isn’t like most dads. There are many things about him which make him unique, but perhaps are none so idiosyncratic as this: the man really, really, really loves Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the United States. I’m not sure how many children have been taken on car trips to Coolidge’s homestead in rural Vermont (where, fun fact, Coolidge was sworn in as president following the death of President Harding), but I bet we’d make for a pretty odd club.

The reason I bring up my dad and Calvin Coolidge at all is that the screen saver for my dad’s computer (or at least, as I last remember it) is a Calvin Coolidge quote about persistence and always has been. The words bounce back and forth on the screen: “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.” And so, I find myself thinking a lot about Coolidge’s perspective on persistence lately; that it will be the only thing to carry us through times of uncertainty and hardship. I dunno you guys, but I’m pouring one out for Calvin and my dad this week.

Here are some games about persistence.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2Tujek4
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen