Donnerstag, 8. Februar 2018

In Other Waters explores an alien ocean through a unique interface

Inotherwatersheader

I’m almost ready to leave the enticing waters of Subnautica, so I was pleased to find another alien ocean to submerge myself in this morning. I’ve just played the demo of In Other Waters, a narrative-driven exploration game about investigating a strange planet and doing xeno-biology.

Unlike with Subnautica, my impression of what that world really looks like is entirely in my head. All I actually see of planet Gliese 677Cc is a real-time map, with dots and contours that represent the wildlife and terrain. It’s a great reminder that your imagination can do far better graphics than any video game, and developer Gareth Damian Martin is looking for funding on Kickstarter.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://ift.tt/2EvdJLo
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen