Donnerstag, 3. Oktober 2019

The Joy of Phil Mills in Dirt Rally 2.0

If there’s anything that can bring a dose of certainty to a dark night in the Polish countryside, it’s that voice. “Flat left over jump, extra extra long keep middle 170,” it says as we speed by trees and hedgerows and fields and barns. I can’t see the world outside the glare of my headlights, but that voice knows everything. “Into six right, opens over crest,” it says. Gentle and precise, it’s entirely unflustered as we catch air at 140 km/h above a rutted Polish farm track, my heart ricocheting around my upper trachea.

Here’s to Phil Mills. He’s my Dirt Rally 2.0 co-driver, my companion through victory and defeat, my rock during a hundred terrible crashes, and my videogame dad, if he’ll have me. (more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2nezwAD
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen