Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2019

Know It OWL: End chapter

With a few minutes on the countdown until the Overwatch League grand finals, I realised I had a problem: I didn’t know who I was supporting. Neither San Francisco Shock nor Vancouver Titans are my team, but usually in any matchup there’s a narrative I like more, players I’m fond of, some quirk or another that’ll push me in one direction. But Shock and Titans aren’t just matched at the top of the table, they’re matched in the power of their stories. Shock’s meteoric rise from a forgettable, middling team last season thanks to new players with big personalities. And Titan’s meteoric rise from a deeply storied history in tier two thanks to old players with big personalities.

It had to be these two in the finals. But whoever won and whoever lost, it was going to be an upset. With a season like this one, how could it not be?

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2ow9Yis
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen