Dienstag, 8. Oktober 2019

Acer's Thronos is an envoy from a hellish future where gaming chairs have enslaved humanity

I wish I was joking about the Acer Thronos, but this hulking all-in-one gaming-chair-come-war-machine absolutely terrifies me. I know gaming chairs are all the rage right now. Heck, you, reader, might even be sitting in one right now. But this is something else. It looks like a legit naval gun turret with a malign consciousness, and it fills me with terrible dread.

Yes, its trio of 144Hz Nvidia G-Sync monitors are rather lovely, and yes, its reclining, haptic-feedback-enabled seat does make it feel like I’m floating in a giant sphere of pixels where the only thing that matters is more and more frames per second. But I’m not falling for it. One day, its mechanised keyboard tray will lock into place like a rollercoaster bar, trapping me inside its glowing LED “Scorpion Arch” (yes, really), and I will slowly be absorbed into its cold metal heart. Forget Thanos when it comes to big, mad titans. It’s Thronos you should be worrying about.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/35fp3pC
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen