Donnerstag, 9. April 2020

Hands-on preview: Minecraft Dungeons is an unexpected treasure

When Minecraft Dungeons was first announced, I thought it was a bit of an odd call. Dungeon crawlers are popular, and Minecraft is popular, but… a Minecraft dungeon crawler? Surely, I figured, a switch to isometric dungeoneering would lose all of Minecraft’s creative, construction-toy charm in translation, and I just couldn’t see Minecraft’s gently strange, cuboid world as an intuitive setting for a Diablolike lootstabber. It all seemed a bit of a mismatch, like making an arcade fighting game based on Frasier, or an RTS about the Teletubbies.

But, as you’ve probably now had time to process, both of those ideas are completely amazing. And so, to my surprise and delight, is Minecraft Dungeons. I’ve had a good play with the beta build ahead of its postponed launch on May 26th, and what I’ve found is an extremely slick, extremely pretty dopamine delivery system, that somehow strings together the best of two seemingly disparate worlds.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/39P4tO0
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen