Freitag, 8. März 2019

Remembering old games on Mac is like visiting a lost world

My first videogame memory is about falling. I remember a blue sky and green land and some yellow rectangle where I was supposed to land, but couldn’t, because I was three or four years old and videogames were new and confusing. Unable to control my plane, I could only watch it spiral and crash. The game was Hellcats over the Pacific. I learned this only twenty years later, when I recognised it in a video compilation of old games. The name of this flight sim evaded me for so long because I grew up with a Mac, and no one ever talks about the few scrappy games that were available to us, the children of the nineties who, for one reason or another, got stuck with the uncool operating system.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2TreQUU
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen