Montag, 21. Januar 2019

The weird things I’ve noticed when benchmarking video games

You may have noticed I’ve written a fair few words about Nvidia’s new RTX 2060 this week. It’s a good graphics card and I like it a lot. If it had existed three years ago when I wanted to get Matthew a graphics card for Christmas that could play The Witcher III at 60fps at 1440p on max settings, I probably would have bought it instead of the GTX 1070 I ended up getting instead because it seemed like the best compromise at the time.

Of course, the only way to tell if a graphics card is any good is to play some games with it. Specifically, the same three-odd minutes of said games over and over and over again so you end up with a uniform set of data you can use to compare and contrast across a wide variety of cards, resolutions and graphics settings. And let me tell you, you start to notice some really odd things when you’ve played the same 90 seconds for the 1800th time in a row.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://bit.ly/2S2Nh2s
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen