Dienstag, 8. Januar 2019

Ashen’s unreliable friends are my favourite NPCs in a long while

I went into Ashen with certain expectations. Not of quality, but of mood. It sets out its Dark Soulsbut stall right away, with talk of disasters and darkness and god-level menaces, and so I shifted my brain into the familiar gears of isolation and doomy solitude. These, experience has taught, are lonely adventures in hostile places – only the broken corpses will ever witness my successes and failures, and the world will not care if I live, die or die and die and die again.

A night drive on a lost highway, no other car but mine. Except… That didn’t happen. The expected coldness – welcome as it is, for it means I am in a place where my triumphs and failures are mine and mine alone, serving no other agenda – did not envelop me. Instead, Ashen makes me feel warm – and makes me feel that I have friends.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://bit.ly/2ACgE1K
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen