Sonntag, 4. November 2018

The Sunday Papers

Sundays are for walking the North York Moors and going to see Dylan Moran. Maybe I’ll read more of the best writing about video games from the past week on the train.

Everywhere I looked this week, I found people questioning the value of power fantasies in games. I don’t agree with any of them. Let’s kick off with Vicky Osterweil’s analysis of how socio-economic structures are driving the mainstream success of games. There’s some clever stuff here about how all industries mould themselves around not just producing profit, but creating the conditions for future profit – though I find depth in experiences that Osterweil considers empty.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2Qo2G9S
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen