Donnerstag, 21. November 2019

Samsung's titanic CRG9 is an absolute unit, but there's still, somehow, room in my heart for it

The Samsung CRG9 is easily the most preposterous gaming monitor I’ve ever laid eyes on. It’s not the sheer size of it that boggles the mind. Oh no. A diagonal of 49in and an aspect ratio of 32:9 is nothing after last year’s equally large and equally wide CHG90 monitor. It’s the resolution of the damn thing, which stands at a mad 5120×1440. That’s the same amount of screen real estate as two normal 27in 2560×1440 monitors, which has been pretty much my dream setup since, well, forever. I like the single 4K Dell U2718Q monitor I normally have on my desk, I really do. But I’d swap it for two 1440p monitors in a heartbeat.

I love having two screens. It gives me all the space I need for having my emails open and all the different browser tabs I’m using, and there’s still room leftover for other things like iTunes or Spotify or my trusty Calculator on my desktop without it feeling too crowded. Is the Samsung CRG9 better than having two separate monitors, though? Or does bunging them both together actually make it less practical in the long run? Here’s wot I think.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/34amOmr
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen