Donnerstag, 21. November 2019

Narcos: Rise Of The Cartels shoots itself in the foot, one unit at a time

I have never watched Narcos, the television program about bad drugsmen with guns being stopped by maybe-not-as-bad lawsmen with guns. After playing the recently-released turn-based tactics ’em up Narcos: Rise Of The Cartel, I have little desire to. I mean, this could be one of those times where TV is all nuanced and considered, while videogames just toss out lines like “pick off those rats one by one until the country is free of vermin,” then hope you delight in shooting Columbian gangsters in the face – but I wouldn’t bet on it.

In any case, watching the show would only serve to remind me of the miserable few hours I have now spent shooting Columbian gangsters in the face. The main problem (of many) is that you can only boss around one unit on each turn, and I’m struggling to imagine a version of this that works.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2OxmWGb
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen