Montag, 3. Juni 2019

Vive Pro Eye tested: Why eye-tracking is the future of VR

Four years ago, I remember sitting down in front of my PC and controlling the camera of Assassin’s Creed Rogue with nothing more than the flick of my eyeballs. Eye-tracking had arrived. Well, sort of. Back then, I had to stick an extra doodad onto the front of my monitor before I actually got it working, and while it was a novel and intriguing idea at the time, it really wasn’t a very practical way of controlling the game long-term. Nevertheless, the tech inside that early Steelseries Sentry sensor bar – Tobii’s Eye-X software – left me impressed, and I’ve always wondered where our paths would cross next.

Finally, that day has come, as I went to see HTC’s Vive Pro Eye headset the other week, which has Tobii’s eye-tracking tech built straight into its googly cartoon eyes. And by golly does it work a treat.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://bit.ly/2WJIDc9
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen