Dienstag, 15. September 2020

I like everything about No Place For Bravery. Except the combat.

A screenshot of the protagonist of No Place For Bravery, Thorn, standing over a recently vanquished enemy. Thorn is a little pixely warrior with a beard and a sword, a barrel chest, and legs about two pixels wide. He has just defeated a giant with a massive, massive wooden shield. This giant is lying on the floor in a pool of blood. It's pretty, in a horrible way.

I’ve been banging my head against the PAX X EGX demo for No Place For Bravery for a while now. It’s a very stylish action RPG where you, a warrior with adorable stick-thin legs holding up a big meaty-boi body, are out to rescue your daughter Leaf from grim monsters. You get to execute your enemies after defeating them, and lots of blood gets splashed all over the place. I like almost everything about it: the music is great, the animations are slick and cool, the art and design on the world is grim and gorgeous.

I like everything about it apart from the combat. Which is a bit of a problem for a game focused on combat, I suppose. And yet the rest of it is so good, I keep going back for more.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/33vE46H
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen