Freitag, 25. September 2020

Ostranauts is a hugely ambitious space game, but I think it's going to work

“This is all just an excuse for me to build a universe, right?” says Daniel Fedor, as I settle in for an evening watching him play Ostranauts. And he’s serious. The sandboxy space sim, which hit early access on September 10th, and which is a sort-of sequel to acclaimed oddball RPG NEO Scavenger, has some properly deep worldbuilding. And I don’t mean deep as in “my D&D setting has a map I did myself, and religions to boot”. I mean deep as in “a spreadsheet just to track the product ranges and distribution networks of fifty-odd manufacturing brands”, which is just one of Fedor’s many design documents.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/3j4Jzjc
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen