Dienstag, 11. Februar 2020

I've decided to get really good at Age Of Empires 2

I’ve never particularly been one for competitive multiplayer games. I’ve played the odd bit of Overwatch in recent years, but mostly as a way to hang out with pals, and I quite enjoy the complete anonymity of ranked hearthstone, even though I’m guff at it. But I’ve always been massively scared to play strategy games against human opponents, in case it ruins the illusion that I might be good at them. Plus, I panic! I get disproportionately terrified by the idea of being locked in a map with someone who wants, essentially, to end my pretty game of ant-farming, and so the idea has always seemed too stressful to bother with.

But then, after I fell in love with Age Of Empires 2: Definitive Edition in November, I started watching casts of high level players fighting 1v1 duels as a way to relax before going to sleep, and ended up getting fascinated by the absolute precision with which they handled the game.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/38tLoRL
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen