Montag, 9. April 2018

Embracing the bluff: how SpyParty’s long development changed the game

spyparty1

Chris Hecker has been working on SpyParty for almost a decade now and I get the impression he’d be happy perfecting it for the rest of his career. Some developers want to move from one project to the next, an internal clock ticking down and reminding them how few ideas can be realised in a lifetime, while others are better suited to exploring one design from as many angles as possible, pushing every aspect to its limits.

“I love Go,” Hecker told me at GDC. “I wanted to make Go, but then I realised I was making a different kind of game. I realised part of the way through that SpyParty is more like Poker.” Embracing what the game is rather than what he originally wanted it to be has been key to the whole process.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2GOTZjN
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen