Dienstag, 16. Juni 2020

Why, on further thought, Star Wars: Squadrons can't be the next TIE Fighter

Last night, after watching the trailer for EA’s forthcoming space combat jamboroo Star Wars: Squadrons, I finally fell prey to the nostalgia that had remained unstirred by an entire trilogy of Star Warses, and got excited enough to blurt the words “TIE Fighter successor”.

Reader: I’m sorry. I was drunk on lasers. Utterly trolleyed on spaceships, and slurring that a trailer was my best mate. This has happened before, I will admit. In 2002, after watching a midnight screening of Attack Of The Clones with my mate Josh, the two of us sat on the night bus home to Mottingham, and looked at each other guiltily for a while, before one of us dared speak the unspeakable. “It was better than Empire, wasn’t it?” said Josh. “Yep, best Star Wars yet,” I added, sage as a septuagenarian champagne critic. “Can’t believe Yoda had a fight.”

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2Be7ATQ
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen