Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2020

Hands-on preview: Humankind is an open ended 4X that lets you build civilisations your way

humankind preview 5

After a year of speculation, I’ve finally had a chance to play Humankind, Amplitude Studios’ much-anticipated competitor to the Civilization series, and while I only got to play through the very first era of the game on a single map, I can say for sure we’ve definitely got a contender here. I’m hesitant to say how strong a contender until I’ve seen more of the game, since I think Humankind’s brand of satisfaction is going to lean heavily on the way the outcomes of your decisions stack across thousands of simulated years. But the fact that I could see, even in the early game, how the calls I made might have ramifications for centuries to come, was a promising sign.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/30VY8iW
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen