Montag, 15. Juni 2020

Beyond Blue review

beyond blue review 1

So many are the dignities heaped upon Beyond Blue, that it’s somewhat hard to get at the game beneath. When I began playing, I knew that it had been made in association with the filmmakers behind the Blue Planet II series, and in consultation with a host of marine scientists. I knew that it promised a sober and ultra-realistic exploration of the oceans, and that the Flaming Lips were on the soundtrack. I knew that it would feature whales in some capacity.

I didn’t actually know what it was, you know, as a game. That was fine, though. The sea and its contents are possibly the most potent preoccupation in my overly-preoccupied life, and so I was open to whatever these people wanted to sprinkle on me. The answer, it transpires, was a very simple diving simulator, about swimming up to a range of extremely realistic marine animals and clicking on them.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun https://ift.tt/2MYCuCv
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen