Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2019

The time I transcribed every line of Bastion's dialogue (twice) and found another, better story hiding underneath it

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Supergiant Games. I loved Bastion, didn’t really get on with Transistor, and have never summoned the strength to try another one since. Indeed, fellow Supergiant admirers Matt and Ollie were, and I quote, “aghast” when I said I wasn’t much of a fan of Transistor’s soundtrack earlier in the week (which are fighting words coming from the self-proclaimed soundtrack queen herself), but our chat reminded me just why I love Bastion as much as I do – and part of that is because back in 2012, I decided a fun thing to do would be to record every line of dialogue in the game, not once, but twice (because the New Game+ dialogue is different, I’ll have you know), and then type it all up and write a 6000 word essay about the real story of Bastion for no reason in particular.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://bit.ly/306DjhT
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen