Sonntag, 12. Mai 2019

The Sunday Papers

Sundays are for finally going on one of the nice walks you told yourself you’d do when you moved to Brighton. The South Downs are lovely. I will be there, rather than reading the best writing about videogames from the past week (and beyond). I’m sure that’s lovely too.

Here’s an interesting bag of thoughts from Michael Heron over at Thirsty Meeples. They concern accessibility, the value thereof, and how Heron differentiates the term from “learnability”. He covers a lot of ground, and mostly comes to conclusions I agree with while hitting a few I don’t along the way. Dark Souls on easy mode may not ‘be’ Dark Souls, but it would still include a lot of what makes it great, designer intent be damned. I’d rather live in a world where we have both.

(more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://bit.ly/2ViunST
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen