Freitag, 10. Mai 2019

The Flare Path: A breath of fresh Aer

This year I picked/packed a better holiday game than holiday book. Although J.P. Kenyon definitely knows his onions (his onions being 17th Century England) his descriptions of the myriad squabbles between king and parliament that led to civil war are pretty dense and difficult to follow, even for someone who knows his ship money from his tonnage and poundage. Factor in glorious sunshine, post-hike weariness, and a surfeit of cakes and ale and you’ll understand why my bookmark only advanced 85 pages during my week away. While Fantasy General has its own difficulty  and scrutability issues, I can’t say I ever put it aside with a puzzled frown on my face or dozed off in the middle of a turn. (more…)



from Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://bit.ly/2DZkkME
via IFTTT

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen